Click here for a printable copy.
Identify the dependant clause in each of the complex sentences below.
Note: The subordinating conjunction is part of the dependant clause.
- I wanted to go to bed as soon as I got home.
A: as soon as I got home.
- I don't understand why he acted that way.
A: why he acted that way
- Bob doesn't care whether he passes or fails.
A: whether he passes or fails
- So that you will understand, I wrote down the instructions.
A: So that you will understand
- Unless you have permission, you can't go in that room.
A: Unless you have permission
site is owned by John Erskin.
Page | Skip
It | Next
Want to join the ESLoop? Click here for info.